Friday, January 22, 2010

Wedded Bliss!

5 days into my marriage and I must say, so far so good.

We're in the midst of lots of planning - what we want to do weekly, monthly, bi-annually, & anually! Planning vacations, weekend getaways, purchases (cameras, a car for Thomas, furniture, etc.) and such!!! It's fun!

One thing I am very adament about us planning and sticking to is solo & couple time with God. Praying, reading the Bible, fun concerts, volunteer work, etc. that will keep us focused and our lives centered around God. We both need some work in ALL of those areas and it's something I endeavor to keep at the forefront of our minds & at the top of our To Do List.

One of our Pastors said it best: You should focus/center around God like you center your living room furniture around the TV.

Sounds like good advice to me!!!!! Right? Keeps your mind off of the little things and on what's important! Keeps your mind on Him..... Keeps you "right"!! I love it!!! And, I'm working on it!!! I kinda feel like I'm in swivel chair and my TV is always tuned in but I just turn towards the TV to catch marathons and shows..... but not to the point where my chair is always positioned to focus.

Anywho................

I'm excited about the future!!

"Half the excitement of achieving goals is the planning and the journey!!"

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Alaina! I am so happy that I was apart of your day.... from the wedding to the reception-- all were beautiful!

    -aimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm glad you agreed to be apart as well!!! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaina,
    Great blog! I stumbled across it because I simply googled my name: Alaina along with the word "blog" to see what would come up. Your blog is super compelling and full of inspiration. I am a writer, blogger, and teacher as well. Keep up the fab work :-)
    ~Alaina

    ReplyDelete