Thomas is the chef of the house. He does the grocery shopping, he does the cooking. Until recently, I've had no desire to cook or grocery shop. I HATED the grocery store. I had no idea where anything was located. It annoyed me to even have to pick up a meat for dinner. I did, however, do my fair share of Target shopping with not an issue!
I said "... up until recently..." because all of a sudden, I've had much more of an intrest in my kitchen. I've wanted to whip up meals and bake fun little snacks like I've never had before. I've been pretty excited and have looked a ton of recipes to try out!
So..... fast forward.
This morning, we wake up and Thomas and I get my grocery list together. I head out to get my eyebrows threaded and then book it to H-E-B with my grocery shopping app in hand and READY!
My shopping experience took about an hour and went quite smoothly! I picked up everything on my list in addition to a few extras and left spending less money than expected!
I called Thomas on my way out to let him know that my trip was a SUCCESS and that I really had a great time rolling down aisle after aisle... and, sometimes an aisle more than a few times! All in all... it was a wonderful trip! I'm sure the stores cleanliness and employees friendliness helped a lot!
The most exciting items I picked up today were the ingredients of the cookies and chocolate covered peanut butter balls I plan to make for my students and fellow teachers for Valentine's Day and needs for the meal I plan to make Thomas on Sunday!
I'm very excited and very proud!
Seems silly and trivial.... but for me, it's a HUGE HUGE deal. I've had this image of a wonderful, "perfect" wife who was actually quite tradtional (think 50's) and it's taken some time for me to get here. Mainly, I'm sure, because we rarely eat in and are so carefree I haven't had to honker down and settle into my "new" role as a wife. I've gotten all the other aspects of the traditional role (cleaning, washing, etc) and glad that I'm excited to tackle this one!
I had to thank God for the desire to serve my husband in this way and definitely goal to become an even better wife to my exceptional husband! Proverbs 31 one step at a time! :)
Anywho, here's the picture of a SUCCESSFUL grocery store visit!
Can't wait til next week!
Until next time..... I look forward to posting pictures of my cookies and chocolate covered peanut butter balls!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment