Friday, April 22, 2011

He is....



My wonderful husband.......

He was terribly sick a couple of weeks ago with fever, aches, chills, and a sore throat..... seems like I caught the sore throat bug and haven't been feeling very well since last night.

This morning, I woke up to him asking me if I needed anything and he went for a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up soup and meds. As he was unpacking the groceries, I thought about how wonderful he is. How caring, patient, and loving he is. How happy I am that he is exactly who he is. With the good and the bad he is such an awesome husband and truly does his best to be the very best he can.

I see it. I see his growth - how he's matured over the past four years we've been together and the last 15 months we've been married. I love how time has affected us for the better - it's matured us as individuals, partners, spouses, and people in general. We've changed and grown so much and a large part of that is due to him.

I am so thankful for him... it's ridiculous. I absolutely could not imagine my life without him..... and to hurt him would be to commit suicide - I know that. To hurt him would be to hurt us, to hurt myself, our past, our future, everything we've worked for/towards.... everything we have accomplished thus far. I'dhate to hurt him in thought, word, or actions - I hate to cause him pain.
So, I work every day (sometimes more actively than others .... ??) to be better to him and better for him..... I work to find ways to be more respectful in my tone, reactions, and words. I work to learn to be more "on top of things" so that I'm a true "helpmate" instead of a reactor to what happen or a casual bystader & onlooker to our life. I try to be the best wife, homemaker, housekeeper, helper, chef (hehe), caretaker that I can so that he can be the best he can.
I understand my place in our home and in his life and don't mind serving him so that he can be the best in his role. I am very diligent (again, at times more actively than others!) to be the best helper as I can...... I don't mind.

He is wonderful. He is the true example of Christ in our home. He is everything and nothing I hoped for.

He is my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment