Laptop - to keep up with Twitter/Facebook
Phone - for texting
iTouch - for game playing, App perusing
Mug - for Theraflu sipping
Tissue - for keeping the nose clean
Nail Polish - for nail polishing
Red Pen - for paper grading
Being sick is the pits! I absolutely HATE feeling bad and unable to do much besides lay down and sneeze! But, I had a wonderful caretaker (read my husband) who went back and forth from work to home, from home to work to make sure I had everything I needed and to bring me food! He even came home with Sprinkle Cupcakes!
What lesson did I learn yesterday??
Lesson #2: Be bigger than your feelings.
EVERYTHING changes - your feelings, your circumstances, your mate, and even you. What won't change? Your relationship/marriage status..... Your mate SHOULDN'T be planning to go anywhere and you shouldn't be either... Allowing your feelings to dictate your responses leave the door open for disrepect, spoken words that should never be said, and wounds that are hard to heal.
I tried changing my response to disappointments and hurts and it was soooo freeing. I expressed my feelings calmly and respectfully, saying what I meant and I was received sooo much better. I didn't offend my husband, I didn't hurt him, and we were able to speak peaceably. MY day isn't ruined or horrible or full of malice and anger because I CHOSE not to allow it to be. His day isn't ruined didn't start off badly because of a ranting wife who isn't able to control herself.
My responses are my choice. My responses affect my home. My responses affect my husband. How selfish would it be to tear down my home and my husband bc I can't control myself and communicate in a way that is peaceful?"In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:26-27
My marriage or behavior isn't about me but about glorifying God..... Do I think I did that, yes? So, I'm thankful and grateful for the lessons learned and the ppl in our life who help and guide us. They are appreciated in ways I cannot even express.
OH... and, I'm still home sick.. This is Day #2:
Nail Polish - because I didn't get around to painting yesterday
Journal - to plan my days/write lessons/etc
Bible - to read!
Planner - to plan my weeks!!!
Peace. Love. Marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment