I started this blog about 5 months ago with the goal of banging my thoughts away (both good and bad) about my marriage experience..... not going into too much detail either way but wanting to share the real deal of marriage. I think... wait, I KNOW a lot of brides go into marriage thinking it's going to be the most amazing experience of their life, everything will be sunshine and butterflies, and they will ride into the sunset to live happily ever after.
Not so.
Marriage is a roller coaster but we all know as scary as the falls can be, the ups are so incredibly amazing.... and if you hold out long enough it will be the greatest ride ever! You're holding on super tight to your "car partner" and dying with laughter at the amazing experience you've been on!! ... And, ready to do it all over again the second you're off! Dashing to stand in line hardly being able to wait your next ride! THAT is what marriage is like - very fun! Exhilarating and scary... fun and terrifying at the same time! The lows aren't always as fun but you know that they always lead to fantastic high's! The difference between roller coasters and marriage is that the highs can last much longer than the do on a 30 sec ride!
One major important skill is learning to stay in your lane and living an individual life as Christ would have you to.... and, when the two of you come together - you are both living an amazing life together as two people glorifying Christ.... learn to respect your husband - in your tone, body language, eye movements, facial expressions, and words. He will learn to love his wife as Christ loves the Church but through these learning lessons ( and they are lessons that take time) - you must be patient with your spouse, kind in teaching, and forgiving in their errors. Last but not least - make love often! You'll be so much more relaxed and smiley! Who doesn't want to be around a happy cheerful spouse?!
How has my marriage experience been? A roller coaster..... but I love it! It has been the most amazing experience and I have truly FELT the "unity" occuring within my marrige and it is a beautiful thing! I wouldn't trade it for the world. I see the growth that we have endured (yes, endured bc at some points it has been VERY painful!) but we come out better, happier, stronger, and even more unified.
THAT is the purpose. THAT is the goal. THAT is what marriage is about.
Everything else is icing on the cake.
I love marriage. I love married life. I love my husband.
Can't wait until tomorrow. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment